AIC- CCMB TIDE 2.0 IDEATHON 2020
Bring Your Own Idea
It is time to invigorate healthcare and infect professionals with the virus of entrepreneurship!
Atal Incubation Center – Centre for Cellular & Molecular Biology (AIC-CCMB) strongly believes that digital strategies to scale medicine as a way to improve healthcare worldwide. We want to inspire technologists to work with the healthcare community to accelerate medical innovation. The AIC-CCMB TIDE 2.0 Ideathon 2020 is just the first step in identifying these visionaries.
In AIC-CCMB TIDE 2.0 Ideathon 2020, we encourage you to "Bring Your Own Idea" that we can support under Technology Incubation and Development of Entrepreneurs Scheme (TIDE 2.0) of MeitY Startup Hub (MSH), Ministry of Electronics and Information Technology (MeitY), Government of India. We are looking for individuals and teams with medical, engineering, business, and design backgrounds who are passionate about developing solutions for unmet clinical needs.
We will incubate you at our #WorldClassIncubator established at CSIR – Centre for Cellular & Molecular Biology (CCMB), Hyderabad under the Atal Innovation Mission (AIM) of National Institution for Transforming India (NITI Aayog). We will provide you with scientific & clinical guidance, business induction, regulatory and IP trainings, design thinking workshops, along with networking gatherings. The teams undergo a process of sourcing clinical needs, inventing solutions and planning for implementation of a business strategy. The AIC-CCMB TIDE 2.0 program places a priority on need identification, a formal process of selecting, researching and characterizing needs before beginning the process of invention.
We will support you in your journey to develop market-driven outcomes for commercialized solutions with our strategic partners who are committed to your success.
As a part of CCMB’s efforts to crack the genetic enigma, CCMB has carried out experiments, which yield high amounts of metadata. After the analysis for knowns traits, much of the data is left untouched. There is tremendous potential in this data to build models for precision medicine, better clinical outcomes for the Indian population and in general, improve wellness.
Potential areas of work:
- Develop models to analyze metadata obtained as a result of NGS test
- AI leading to precision medicine
- Medical Imaging for diagnosis and clinical assistance
- Computer vision for augmented medicine
- Leveraging bioinformatics, NLP & genomic sequencing to diagnose diseases and strengthen personalized medicine
- IoT models for Organ-on-Chip, Smart wearables, IoT based medical devices and diagnostics
What can we do for you?
AIC-CCMB is a life sciences incubator promoted by CCMB, a premier research institute in frontier areas of modern biology. Currently, this centre is supporting healthcare start-ups with focus on biological research for industrialization & commercialization of products and processes. With dedicated teams comprising of highly qualified researchers working on focused areas such as bioinformatics and genomics, CCMB is heralding a new dawn of genomics and precision medicine.
AIC-CCMB is welcoming innovative ideas from technologists, data scientists and developers to a unique challenge to develop creative and effective solutions for real-world problems in healthcare – specifically genomic research and precision medicine. It is our endeavor to unite life sciences and ICT to tackle healthcare challenges and explore new methodologies and ideas for maximum impact. We shall be supporting innovators with Grants-in-Aid up to Rs. 7 lakhs for developing roof-of-Concept/ prototypes of their ideas.
What do you get?
- Awarded to 4 individuals/ startup with an idea.
- Seed fund upto Rs. 4 lakhs each, over a period of 1 year to convert idea to Proof of Concept(PoC)
- Immersion program at AIC-CCMB
- Awarded 4 Startups with a Proof of Concept
- Grants-in-aid upto Rs. 7 lakhs each, over a period of 1 year for development of MVP
- Incubation at AIC-CCMB
- Chance for startups to get an investment up to 40 lakh INR for product development and market outreach through MSH Fundraising support
- Holistic mentorship program with domain experts in AIC-CCMB, CCMB and other MNCs
- Access to wet lab facility at AIC-CCMB
- Workshops on IPR, Regulatory, business induction etc.
- Access to high-end analytical services at CCMB at research rates.
- Networking avenues with VC/Investors
- Robust corporate-start-up business connect platforms
Details & Selection Process
Individuals: B.Tech, BE, MBBS , MSc, MS, M.Tech, MPhil, MD & PhD below 35 years from fields of IT, life sciences, business, engineering, medicine & human biology (Open only to Indian citizens, undergraduates can also apply)
Startups – All registered startups as per Startup India
Write to us firstname.lastname@example.org
Or call us on
+9140- 271 95 609, +91 709 58 38 049