Acceleration Program Coordinator
Position at AIC-CCMB
About the job
The Atal Incubation Centre- Centre for Cellular & Molecular Biology (AIC-CCMB) is a premier technology incubator supporting deep science startups, established at CSIR-CCMB, Hyderabad under the Atal Innovation Mission of NITI Aayog, GoI in 2017. AIC-CCMB has initiated several activities including support for development and validation of novel Covid-19 innovations by start-ups and MSMEs. Our goal is to support and rapidly deploy diagnostics and therapeutics through the participation of research institutes, industries, policy maker and incubators.
AIC-CCMB has recently launched the “Covid-19 Technology Deployment (CoviTeD) Acceleration Program” a CSR initiative of Security Printing and Minting Corporation of India Limited (SPMCIL) to provide high impact mentoring, financial, regulatory and marketing support to take these products and technologies to market. We are looking for an Acceleration Program Coordinator (APC) to join our team who will help us in implementing and coordination of the key deliverables of the CoviTeD Program.
Roles & Responsibilities
Identify, support, develop and launch high quality, investible start-up companies in the areas of biotech/medtech/ healthcare working primarily in the mitigation and management of Covid-19 pandemic. As part of the broader Brand, Impact and Insights team, the APC will play a key role in implementing AIC-CCMB’s innovation programs and partnerships with priority stakeholders (private sector, NGOs, government, foundations, etc.) as related to driving the social impact agenda.
• Creating content and context for the acceleration program.
• Working weekly on a 1-to-1 basis with participants to help them develop their technology, product, team and business plan to become ‘investment ready’, ‘pitch ready’ and successfully raise finance.
• Marketing and promotion of the program to get maximum applications of the requisite quality, working closely with the Incubator team to select the best few to support.
• Work with Investment team to understanding of investment needs of the startups and develop a pipeline of high quality investment opportunities
• Recruitment and management of mentors while building strong relationships with sources of start-up opportunities such as industries, universities, research institutes, etc
• Lead the accelerator program and other venture building activities at AIC-CCMB and also ensure all program activities and content are consistent with high impact programs.
• Employ the latest start-up tools and techniques from all sectors and geographies to maximum impact
• Monitoring and reporting for the financial and key performance indicators of the program and ensuring any requirements of the CSR funding are met.
Qualifications & Experience
Minimum 2 years’ experience in managing acceleration program and incubation ecosystem
• Higher-level qualification in life sciences with MBA from a recognized university/Institution preferred.
• Strong process and project management skills A passion for helping entrepreneurs succeed along with an innate understanding of business and of the requirements of early stage investors
• Confident and convincing presentation skills
• Proficiency in Corel Draw/ Photoshop/ Dreamweaver or similar applications
• Working knowledge of HTML will be preferred.
• Excellent written and oral communication skills. Overall pleasing interpersonal skills with a creative and curious bent, broad range of knowledge, self- motivation, and perseverance are must.
CTC: Up to Rs 6 lakhs per annum
Job Type: Full – Time | Location: Hyderabad