OPENING FOR JUNIOR RESEARCH ASSOCIATE
The Atal Incubation Centre- Centre for Cellular & Molecular Biology (AIC-CCMB) is hiring one Junior Research Associate for its Centre for Predictive Human Model Systems (CPHMS)
CPHMS is India’s first scientific and policy think tank established to enable and promote the development and use of 21st century human-centric methodologies, such as 3D tissues, organoids, microfluidic chips, and predictive models of human diseases in biomedical research and drug discovery that will effectively strive to replace the use of animals. The Centre publishes papers and conducts research to explore the innovations, economics, and regulation of human– specific models, and their impact on human health. It is also involved in various capacity building/training/educational programs, including webinars, workshops, and lecture courses. The Centre also engages with different stakeholders, including academia, industry, regulatory and funding bodies to facilitate the transition of these emerging technologies from the lab to end-users.
The person will be primarily responsible to support functions and activities in CPHMS
- Assist in research and publishing open access publication and scientific reviews in the fields of in vitro biology, 3D cell cultures, organoids, organs-on-chip, computational and systems biology and related fields addressing human health and disease biology.
- Assist the team to prepare representation for technical meetings, conferences regulators and funding bodies.
- Assist in mapping and creating interactive databases of emerging human-relevant technologies in India
- Coordinate the organization of round tables and conferences with multiple stakeholders in promoting the objectives of the centre.
- Assist in drafting funding applications/proposals, screening applications and liaising with academic grant-holders
- Draft media briefing packages, op. eds., letters to the editor and other targeted communiqués highlighting the limitations of animal disease models in health research and safety testing and promising non-animal case studies and establish and maintain positive relationships with specialized science media as well as mainstream science journalists and editors and serve as a scientific spokesperson
- Any other duties or responsibilities that may be assigned from time to time by management of AIC-CCMB
- Postgraduate in biology, life sciences, or pharmacology
- Familiarity with cell biology and cell culture techniques, or computational modeling
- Demonstrated strong science writing and communication skills
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office applications (Outlook, Word, PowerPoint, Excel)
- Previous experience of working with data mapping and visualisation tools
- Ability to quickly absorb, analyze and communicate complex subject matter to a variety of audiences
- Experience in handling social media platforms and website.
- Ability to design visually appealing posters and videos and other forms of content.
- Willingness to take initiative and work well under pressure, as part of a team or independently
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail
Term of Employment: Full-time
Reports to: Senior Research Associate, CPHMS
Location: Hyderabad, India
Apply here before Dec 20, 2021