OPENING FOR RESEARCH ASSOCIATE IN CPHMS
The Atal Incubation Centre- Centre for Cellular & Molecular Biology (AIC-CCMB) is hiring a Research Associate for its Centre for Predictive Human Model Systems (CPHMS)
CPHMS is India’s first scientific and policy think tank established to enable and promote the development and use of 21st century human-centric methodologies, such as 3D tissues, organoids, microfluidic chips, and predictive models of human diseases in biomedical research and drug discovery that will effectively strive to replace the use of animals. The Centre publishes papers and conducts research to explore the innovations, economics, and regulation of human– specific models, and their impact on human health. It is also involved in various capacity building/training/educational programs, including webinars, workshops, and lecture courses. The Centre also engages with different stakeholders, including academia, industry, regulatory and funding bodies to facilitate the transition of these emerging technologies from the lab to end-users.
- Conduct research (non-wet lab), analysis and publish open access publication and scientific reviews that explore the concepts of advances and economics of human – specific models.
- Conduct surveys and perform analysis to understand availability of non-animal methodologies in India.
- Conduct and organize national and international lecture courses and conferences.
- Regularly monitor peer reviewed research literature in the relevant areas.
- Any other duties or responsibilities as assigned by the management
We are looking for a person with
- PhD in biology (preferably cell biology) or toxicology
- Superior research and analytical capability
- Experience in handling and organizing small or large scale meetings and conferences
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, including public speaking
- Strong project management and organizational skills, takes initiatives, ability to work under pressure as part of a team or independently
- Willing to travel as needed
Term of Employment: Full-time
Reports to: Senior Research Associate, CPHMS
Location: Hyderabad, India
Application closes on April 25, 2022