The Atal Incubation Centre- Centre for Cellular & Molecular Biology (AIC-CCMB) is a premier technology incubator supporting deep science startups. Established at CSIR- CCMB, Hyderabad under the Atal Innovation Mission of NITI Aayog, GoI, this incubation centre has become a hub for life-sciences and biotechnology startups and MSME. CSIR-CCMB offers over 35 genetic tests for clinicians from all over the country. As a part of our service to CSIR- CCMB, AIC-CCMB has a vertical for conducting molecular diagnostics. The NGS team in AIC-CCMB has been involved in providing human molecular diagnostics services and clinical validation based on next generation sequencing (NGS), to the public for over two decades. We are looking for “Genome Analyst” to join our team to further our service
Job Summary: NGS team in AIC-CCMB has been involved in providing human molecular diagnostics services and clinical validation based on next generation sequencing (NGS), to the public for over two decades.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Co-ordinate with the laboratory personnel, core bioinformaticians and clinical geneticists for paid NGS samples, requiring data
- Filtering & short-listing relevant disease causing variants from the list of annotated variants by correlating the available genomic resources (databases, prediction tools, ACMG guidelines etc.) and clinical information.
- Variant interpretation and preparing
- Primer designing, validation of variants using conventional methods like PCR, Sanger sequencing, RT-PCR , whenever required.
- Tracking and maintaining the turn-around-times (TATs) for reporting
Required Experience, Skills and Qualifications
Essential Skills- M.Sc. in Life Sciences/Biotechnology/Human Genetics & Genomics/Medical Genetics/Clinical Genetics/relevant discipline with atleast 1-2 years experience in human NGS-based diagnostics (exome and genome sequencing). Experience required especially in the identification of disease causing factors (variants) to gene/molecular level, by correlating the available genomic resources (databases, bioinformatic prediction tools, ACMG guidelines etc.) with the clinical information.
Fresh M.Sc. candidates from human/medical/clinical genetics & genomics background, with interest in this area, may also apply. Candidates should be able to pick-up the job responsibilities efficiently in 3-4 months.
Desirable Skills- Address suitable techniques for further validation of identified variants, if required. General concept/idea about the core computational analysis of NGS data (from fastq to vcf).
Salary – Best in industry as per experience
Last Date for application: April 20, 2022
Term of Employment: Full-time
Location: Hyderabad, India